Sally Allan Fund Mental Health Awareness Presentation
Sally Allan was a special, but ordinary wife, mum, granny, sister and friend, who took her own life on Boxing Day 2015 due to mental health issues she had masked from everyone for some time. The Sally Allan Fund was developed to help reduce stigma and raise awareness of mental health problems to create better mental health in the North East.
For more information please see the linked leaflet: Sally Allan Fund Leaflet
The online 1 hour Sally Allan Fund mental health presentation will:
• give people the knowledge about common mental health problems so that they feel more self-assured in identifying them in others and starting a conversation about them.
• provide information so that individuals feel more confident and empowered to speak up about their experiences and to ask for the advice, support and treatment that they need.
• help participants to recognise the importance of self-care for the prevention of mental health problems and relapse prevention.
The presentation will be held on the following dates:
- 20th September 1pm-2pm Online Via Zoom
- 21 September 12pm-1pm at Adapt North East, Burn Ln, Hexham, NE46 3HN
- 30th September 4pm-5pm at the Cramlington Community Hub, Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Cramlington, NE23 6YB
- 30th September 7pm-8pm at the Cramlington Community Hub, Manor Walks Shopping Centre, Cramlington, NE23 6YB
This is a new, safe and inclusive group for Autistic people to meet other Autistic people who live or work in Northumberland. No formal diagnosis is required. The conversation might be autism specific or about common...
Every Monday 10.30am Come along to West Sleekburn Village Hall for a cuppa, chat, catch up and some fun and games. A community cuppa with everything from board games and...